For multi user accounts, you will have the ability manage your group.
The following are the abilities you will have when managing your group.
- The ability to edit your group's name and description.
- View users in your group.
- Promote or demote members (from member to admin, or admin to member).
- At this time, the specific role of your member does not change the abilities they have. We have added this for later usage as we expand the abilities for users
- Add new members to the group (if you have seats available).
- Remove members from the group (thus freeing up a seat).
- Re-send invitations to users who have been invited but have not yet accepted their invitation.
These abilities can be managed from your groups account page. To get there, log into your account on the Spot N Paste website, and click on mange Group.
The group dashboard page has four distinct sections
- Viewing members.
- Adding members.
- Importing members.
- Editing group details.
This table shows all the members in your group along with their role and any actions that may be performed, including:
- Remove from Group - removes the member from the group, freeing up a seat.
- Set as Admin - promotes the member to the "admin" role.
- Admins do not have access to any billing details, but they do have permission to view group details and add/remove members.
- Set as Member - demotes an admin to the "member" role, or promotes an "invited" user to the "member" role (bypassing the normal invitation process).
- Members do not have access to view group details or see information about other members within their account.
- Resend Invite - resends the invitation email to a member that has not yet accepted.
There is also a search field at the top of a page, which lets you quickly find a specific member by their username or email address.
If you have seats available, you can add members through the following form:
The username and password fields are both optional. If the username is left blank it will be set to the email address. If the password is left blank, it will be randomly generated.
By default, adding a member will send the user an email inviting them to join the group. There is a checkbox on the form allowing the you to disable this invitation email and add the user straight to the group, without requiring that they accept the invitation via email. The user will receive an email notifying them of their new account and how to change/set their password.
You can also set up to send them a link to invite them to join if you would prefer to skip the form above. This would allow them to set up their account themselves.
Another way for you to add group members is by importing them from a CSV file.
Editing group details
The final section on your dashboard allows you to edit the group name and description that you chose during registration. There is also a code field in which the members you invite need to have in order to be added to your group. By adding this code, it will also generate the link that appears under the Invite Group Members section above.